2.01 Corporate (business) account opening
In order to open a corporate (business) account, first of all, you have to open a personal Paysera account as the company’s director and perform the required actions for identification. Instructions on how to perform the identification are provided here.
How to open a corporate (business) account?
1. Log in to your personal account, click on your name and User-ID, and in the drop-down menu, click on “Open a business account”.
2. Select the company’s registration country, enter the company’s code, and click on “Check”. An account will be opened for your company.
If the company’s registration country is not among the options, select “Other country” and submit the requested documents. The documents will be checked and the account for the company will be opened in 1–3 business days.
Subsequently, whenever logging in to your account, you will be able to click on your name and User-ID in the upper right-hand side and choose the account you want to manage – the company’s or your own.
We recommend filling in the Know Your Customer questionnaire right away so that you can perform transactions on your account. On the left-hand side, select Settings>Profile Settings>KYC questionnaire and fill in the required fields.
If you are not the director or an authorised person, you should also open a personal account first, undergo the identification, and provide a power of attorney approved by a notary or signed with a qualified e-signature of the director, and we will open a corporate (business) account.
How to submit documents?
1. Log in to your personal account. On the left-hand side, select Settings >Profile Settings > Corporate/activity documents > Change.
2. Specify the title of the document as “Power of attorney/letter on the change of limits”, upload the document and click on Submit”.
3. If you have more than one document, perform the same action once again by specifying the document name as “Other”.
We have also prepared a video about it: